Mobile Assault 1.4.1

It’s only been a couple of weeks since 1.4, but Justin and I figured we’ve added some important changes to justify a 1.4.1 release. The first fix is to address the rare crashes that we were getting on startup with iPhone. Basically there was a thread race condition that we couldn’t fix without totally ripping the guts out of the current code. I personally still don’t understand why what we had before never worked, but we’re pretty sure this fix will be the end of this particular issue. The other fix is to do with AI. Turns out that instead of a tank trying to find a target 5 times a second, it was doing it 100 times a second. With lots of tanks on the map, that’s a lot of CPU being used unnecessarily. We’re currently exploring better ways to manage large numbers of units and projectiles, so hopefully we can squeeze a few more FPS out of the game.

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s