It’s been over a month, so about time I made another status update. In between work and more work, Justin and I have been working at getting Apollonia going on the iPhone. Unfortunately this means we’ve totally ignored the PSP for quite some time. In fact, I’ve basically broken the PSP build because I was playing around with model rendering code. PSPGL requires some workarounds which I need to investigate.
But it’s not all bad for the PSP. I’ve noticed that Apollonia on the 3GS runs comparably, if not a little slower than on the PSP. This means we have to optimise the heck out of game in order to ever get it accepted on the app store. Those optimisations can then be caried forward to the PSP. So hopefully no more overwhelming particle effects. I was working on that now until I got distracted by this.
Here’s a screen shot of the game running in the iPhone simulator. The HUD is just a mockup so that we had something to push.